The Grand Organ at Notre Dame des Victoires was built in 1915 by the Johnston Organ and Piano Manufacturing Company, the only builder West of the Mississippi. It is the largest known existing example in fully working condition. Incorporated in the construction are cabinetry and pipes of California Redwood. Not only is the instrument historically important, but it is also noteworthy because of the beauty of tone and the happy blending of instrument and acoustical environment. The narrow, long and high vaulting of the nave in the church contributes to the resonance of the building and provides an ideal setting for this fine instrument.