Hello Parents & Guardians!
Happy Friday! In third grade this week…. 🙂
- Spelling: Since we had the previous Monday off for Columbus Day, no spelling words were assigned.
- Math: In math this week students interpreted the quotient as the number of groups or the number of objects in each group using units of 3. Our third graders also skip-counted objects in models to build fluency with multiplication facts using units of 4.
- Religion: As many of you saw on Class Dojo, we have completed our rosary lap-books; they look awesome! We also made our own rosary which we will continue to use as practice.
- Social Studies: This week we discussed mountains and their effects on plants, animals, and the weather. We also discussed how elevation affects plant and animal life on a mountain. Ask your child what the timberline is on a mountain! 🙂
- Grammar: This week we reviewed sentences. We discussed subjects and predicates, and what punctuation mark should be at the end of different sentences.
- Science: We had mystery science again! We can tell (hopefully everyone agrees) that they LOVE mystery science. The activity this week was tasting apples and deciding whether or not it was tart or sweet. We had 4 different apples for each student to try: Granny Smith, Red Delicious, Golden Delicious and Honeycrisp.
We hope everyone enjoys their weekend!
All the best,
Ms. Zoë & Ms. Bianca